AAI – Airport Authority of India
AAI is an acronym being used for Airport Authorities of India. It came into existence on 1st April 1995, it was constituted by an Act of Parliament. AAI was formed by merging the International Airports Authority of India with National Airports Authority. The main motto of the merger of two existing organizations to a single organization was to streamline the entire work progress. The same not only have forced the creation of responsibilities, managing and maintaining civil aviation infrastructure smooth on the ground and air space in the nation.
The organization is currently managing about 137 airports including 24 international airports, 10 custom airports, and 103 domestic airports in the country.
Facilities provided by AAI
AAI serves different facilities to facilitate the task of aviation services smoothly. It offers users:
- Passenger Facilities where it perfectly constructs, modifies, and manages the passenger terminals, develops and manages cargo terminals, apron infrastructure, and much more.
- Air Navigation Services so that one could easily enjoy smooth navigation across the state and regional boundaries.
- Secure environment for strengthening the security of vital installation.
- Aerodrome Facilities for creating capacity ahead of demand.
- HRD Training for highly skilled manpower.
- Implementation of Information Technology for ensuring smooth operational and managerial efficiency, employee productivity, and transparency.
Main Functions of AAI
AAP provides a wide range of functionalities including:
- Design, development, operations, and maintenance of international and domestic airports.
- It constructs, modifies, and manages the passenger terminals.
- It designs, develops, operates and maintains the civil enclave.
- It develops and manages the cargo terminals at domestic and international airports.
- It provides provision for the passenger facilities.
- It helps in the maintenance of information systems at the passenger terminals.
- It helps in the expansion and strengthening of the operational areas.
- It includes the provision of visual aids, communication, and navigation aids.
AAI is an organization that single-handedly operates, maintains, and manages the different aviation features perfectly.